8.15.2013

Wedding Week: What not to wear

Welcome to Wedding Week, where I help you become a better wedding guest through my -- and some of my recently married friends' -- experiences. Some people might think it's rude for me to blog about hating people at my own wedding, but those people don't have a blog called "I Hate Everyone." If you recognize yourself in any of these, don't fret! I probably still love you. Just adjust your behavior for the next wedding you're invited to.

Woo, day 4. Anyway, today's post is a short list of things not to wear to a wedding. These were sourced from recently married friends, because everyone looked great at my wedding! So without further ado:

What not to wear to weddings
  • White
  • Off-white
  • Cream
  • Ivory
  • Pretty much anything that could be considered close to white in any lighting
  • Jeans
  • Flip-flops
  • Shorts
  • Bodycons (but that's just life in general)
  • Super-short dresses (it's a wedding, not a club)
There are also lots of rules related to fancier dress codes and whatnot, but this is just your basic list of things to pretty much ALWAYS avoid.

If you want a simpler version, the rules of wedding clothing are basically: look nice and don't wear white. It's almost never bad to be slightly overdressed, but being under-dressed can be embarrassing for everyone involved.

1 comment:

  1. But....what if the dress code for the wedding is jeans and a nice button up? ;P "David"

    ReplyDelete