8.19.2012

About "As Long As You Love Me"

So, I actually heard "As Long As You Love Me" by Justin Bieber today on the radio. Up until today, I had only heard covers people I'm subscribed to on YouTube had done. And when I say covers, I mean mashup covers, because everyone thinks they're brilliant for mashing it up with "As Long As You Love Me" by Backstreet Boys. (Although pretty much all YouTubers who don't know the BSB song did a mashup called "As Long As You Love Me Love Me," which is a mashup of two Bieber songs, so there's that.)

Seriously, Biebs. Why did you title it "As Long As You Love Me?" Did nobody warn you about this during any stage of production? I imagine they did, and the conversation went like this:

"Yeah, Biebs, it's a fine song, but everyone's going to think of the mega-hit Backstreet Boys song that was popular in 1998."

"Nah, man, I don't care, I'm way bigger than the Backstreet Boys ever were!"

Or! Maybe they planned this and wanted the songs to be connected to each other, in hopes that all the cover artists on YouTube and all the DJs in all the clubs would mash the two songs up, thus prompting a resurgence in Backstreet Boys sales and a potential awesome Grammy performance!

Quick, get someone on that! Is this Bieber-ception?!?!

Anyway, the two lines I hate most in the song:
  • I'll be your Hova, you could be my Destiny's Child on the scene, girl
  • I don't know if this makes sense, but you're my hallelujah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails