6.03.2012

One Million Moms is the WORST

So One Million Moms is mad at JCPenney about a Father's Day ad that features a gay couple and their children. They're calling for people to boycott the store, write "Refused, Return to sender" on the catalog when it comes in the mail, and (the best part) call the local store manager.
This is the text of the "Take action" part of the article at One Million Moms:
Since the corporate office doesn't consider your call important and are blocking our emails, please call, or visit, your local store manager. Local managers are more likely to listen to your concerns and pass them along to the corporate office.
Please be kind and request that the store managers to pass along your concern to corporate and urge them to remain neutral in the cultural war.

I'm not going to say a word about the politics of the issue, but seriously, One Million Moms? Do you really think calling the store manager and complaining to him or her is going to do anything? It's just going to leave you with a bunch of upset store managers who can't do anything at all about the situation. Contrary to popular belief, store managers and employees don't have a hotline straight to the marketing department. Nobody at corporate is going to call them and ask for a report on how people responded to the ad. You will accomplish nothing with this directive.

And the worst part is people are actually going to do what One Million Moms tells them. JCPenney stores all across the nation are going to get a ridiculous amount of calls and in-person visits and nobody that has to field these calls will be able to do anything to help them.

I would be so angry if someone came to my store to tell me they were upset about something Old Navy was doing and told me I should pass it along to corporate. I don't even think I could play along. I think I would say, "Ma'am, do you have the CEO's phone number? Because I sure don't."

At least they say to be kind, I guess? Of course, how many outraged moms do you really think are going to be kind about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails