5.26.2012

Why is "Lights" getting radio play right now?

We all know I hate the radio.

But I usually accept it. I accept that songs are going to be popular on the radio months after they're released and I accept that the radio plays the same songs entirely too many times per day. WHATEVER, it's just a fact of life.

But recently I have been hearing "Lights" by Ellie Goulding on pop radio and it is BLOWING MY MIND.

The album was released MORE THAN TWO YEARS AGO. March of 2010. MARCH. Of 2010. And the single was released in November of 2010.

The popular remix by Bassnectar that was released WAY, WAY after the single was released ten months ago.

Goulding performed the song on SNL last May. If anything says you've made it and are getting too big for your britches, it's performing on SNL.

Where has the radio been on this one? We have to establish some sort of statute of limitations here. I propose a year after the single's released. Who's with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment