5.28.2012

Intolerable, intolerant, whatever.

So I was checking out a mom and her three adult daughters and they were all talking about the fourth daughter (who wasn't there) in a really rude way. Now, I'm not going to pretend to know anything about their lives, because for all I know, the fourth daughter is a terrible, horrible person and completely deserves it. I have no idea.

But whether she deserved it or not, it was super awkward for me as a cashier.

Anyway, at one point, one of the daughters says, "Ugh, I can't stand stuff like that. I'm just completely intolerable."

Oh, really? Do you know what that word means?

She clearly meant to use the word "intolerant," but I just thought it was so, so funny because they were being rude and she wanted to look like she knew what she was talking about and she just didn't.

And she was being intolerable, so it was actually really accurate. I was legitimately having trouble tolerating her rudeness. So way to go, I guess, for being really self-aware? Yeah, let's go with that.

Oh, and the best part? She used it again, also incorrectly, about 30 seconds later. Seriously, lady. Give it up.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails