3.02.2012

Obnoxious tornado coverage

We've been watching tornado coverage on WDRB for the past hour or so and two things have been bothering me.
  1. This meteorologist, Marc Weinberg, keeps pushing his Facebook page. He'll say something about the weather and then say, "Now make sure you've liked my Facebook page so you can stay up-to-date" and blah, blah, blah. We're not stupid, Mark. We can tell you're just trying to get more Facebook fans.
  2. He's also being really, really dramatic. And I completely understand that the situation really is serious, which is why I'm in my basement. But stop telling me, "Really. This is serious. We're not messing around here." I KNOW it's serious. I'm watching the weather. I get it. And if people don't get it, that's their problem. You're wasting time that could be spent giving us important information by trying to convince us that this is a real storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment