2.07.2012

White skirts. I mean shorts. I mean pants.

Here's a phone conversation that happened today:

Me: Thanks for calling Old Navy Jefferson Mall! This is Kristin, how may I help you?

Woman: Have you gotten your white skirts in yet?

Me: Um...Is there a specific style you're looking for?

Her: No, anything. You know. Just, like, a denim skirt.

Let's pause here for a second. You are looking for a white denim skirt, not any white skirt. So don't tell me "anything" if "anything" really means any white denim skirt. Okay, back to the conversation:

Me: Okay, let me check for you.

I put her on hold and looked at our denim skirts. I was pretty confident that we didn't have any white ones, but I wanted to make sure.

I picked the phone back up:

Me: I'm sorry, we don't have any white denim skirts in. We have some white shorts, would you be interested in those?

Her: Hmm, and you don't have any pants.

Me: No, we have plenty of white pants.

Her: Oh, okay, thanks!

Like, when were pants in the conversation at all? Nobody ever said we didn't have white pants!

Every part of this conversation was just so very awkward. When I hung up the phone, I just shook my head in disbelief.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails