1.16.2012

On sales, tables and racks

Here's something that confuses me every time it happens and, unfortunately, happens a lot.

Some people just don't understand how sales work.

Here's how it usually goes.

The customer will come up to the register and hand me an item. She will say, "I need to check the price on this because the sign on the table said $5, but the tag says $14.94."

Like...that's the definition of a sale. The tag says the original price and the sign says the sale price, and the discount is taken at the register. How do you not know this?

Just...how?

Also, as a side note, I don't know why people think "racks" and "tables" are interchangeable. Like, don't tell me, "The rack I got this off of said $5" when I know it's folded on a table. I KNOW I'm nitpicking here, but I don't even care. It annoys me so much.

These two things often happen in conjunction and it makes me so angry. Like, not only do you not know what a sale is, but you also don't know what a table is? Is there something wrong with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment