1.29.2012

Do you have a monkey shirt? No, not that one.

I saw a customer today who looked confused, so I asked her if she needed help finding anything. She said, "We're looking for a monkey shirt."

I answered, "That's very specific!"

She laughed.

I asked her who the shirt was going to be for and she called her granddaughter over. We were already standing in the girls' section, so I started to lead her over to the graphic tee table. As we walked, I asked, "Is it a specific shirt you're looking for or just any shirt with a monkey on it?"

The grandma answers, "Oh, anything."

Okay. Luckily enough for her, we pretty much always have a graphic tee with a monkey. (We also pretty much always have shirts with dogs and shirts with cats, just for future reference.)

So I find the one shirt we have with a monkey on it and hold it up for her.

Let me take a minute here to say: This customer should have been grateful that I had what she was looking for at all. Like, you're seriously asking for a graphic tee with a monkey on it? That's too specific!

So anyway, the woman asks her daughter if this is what she wants, and the daughter answers, looking at me, "No, I want the kind with the big eyes, you know?"

Uh, no. I don't know. I actually have no idea what you're talking about. We have a stuffed animal monkey with big eyes. But I still don't know if that's what you're talking about, since you're clearly thinking of something EVEN MORE SPECIFIC THAN A MONKEY SHIRT.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your blog! It cracks me up and also makes me sad that people do these things! I own a boutique and I have to deal with people being too specific or wanting stuff they made up daily. Such as, they want a pair of shoes but in a color that the company doesn't carry.
    Drives me crazy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails