1.12.2012

Buy a dress, ring a bell

Okay, so in a surprise twist, I bought my wedding dress last night.

My mom and I went to David's Bridal, which is a chain, not a boutique. The service was good-not-great, but it's also the type of place where you don't have to make an appointment, so it was pretty much as I expected.

But anyway, I fell in love with a dress, knew it was the one, etc. etc.

So I tell the consultant this is definitely the one I want and she says, "Okay, let me go get the bell."

And she said it in a way that made us think we were supposed to know what she was talking about, but we had no idea.

She goes over to this little glass case that has hand bells in it, pulls out a bell, brings it over and hands it to me. She says, "Okay, so you've found your dream man and now you've found your dream dress, so I want you to close your eyes, make a wish and ring the bell."

...What?

I'm sorry, am I in Long John Silver's right now? Am I driving a train? Am I working for the Salvation Army?

Bear with me here, I could go on for days.

Am I calling kids in from recess? Am I in a boxing match?

This is the weirdest thing! I really don't like drawing attention to myself in public. It was really crowded in there and I felt very uncomfortable. But I closed my eyes, wished for a job, and rang the bell.

And it was SO. LOUD.

I was truly embarrassed by how loud it was.

But APPARENTLY, my bell-ringing wasn't good enough, because the other consultant (not the one that was working with us, thank goodness) yells out, "Come on, that was the most pathetic thing I've ever heard!"

WOW, really? Because this whole idea is the lamest thing I've ever heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment