12.07.2011

Murder Mitten

So, this guy sat across from us at the Union a few nights ago:
Aside from the fact that he was trying really hard to get with the girl he was studying with, there wasn't anything annoying about him.

But this sticker confused me.

First of all, it's supposed to say "Murder Mitten." Here's something that doesn't make sense: Using the shape of Michigan to represent the letter U. If anything, it looks like an A or an O. 

I get that you wanted to use the shape somewhere in the logo because the shape of Michigan is why it's called the Mitten, but if the cutesy use of the shape hinders the reading of the word, it's not going to work.

So then, I got curious. What does this "Murder Mitten" mean? What is he trying to tell us about? Is it a band? A movement? What's going on here?

But I googled it and all I got was a Facebook group, an Etsy shop with a bunch of jewelry, and the urban dictionary definition:

I'm sorry, if you're advertising something, you're not doing it very effectively. Or are you just celebrating the fact that Michigan is somewhat violent? Because that's kind of worse.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment