12.27.2011

I'm going to have to wait in line again?

Yesterday (the day after Christmas) was return day. Lots of people were trying to exchange and return things, which is just how it goes.

Okay. So I was on register at one point and we had four lanes open and a bit of a line.

A woman comes up to me and says, "I want to exchange these." She has a bag with some stuff in it and a pair of jeans in her hand.

So I press "return" on my screen and start to type in my password. But then I realized the jeans that were in her hand were the ones she was returning.

I said, "Oh, have you not gotten the jeans you want yet?"

"No."

"Oh, I'm sorry, you can just go ahead and get what you want and bring both pairs up here."

"So I'm going to have to wait in line again?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry."

"Ugh, are you serious?"

Like...yeah.

I felt a little bad that she waited in line, but I think it's extremely rational to expect to be able to get what you want to exchange if you have the receipt. Also, you can walk up to the register without waiting in line if you just have a quick question, so she should have just done that.

ALSO, she rolled her eyes as she was walking away. Like, excuse me! You're the one who made a dumb mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails