12.11.2011

ConGRADulations!

I hate people who spell "congratulations" wrong.

Here's my main problem with this. I'm pretty sure the first people who spelled it "congradulations" did it as a play on words when they were addressing someone who was graduating.

It's a pretty okay pun, right? Like hardy-har, con-grad-ulations, grad! But somehow, in between the first person who made that joke and today, the word has gotten so confused that people legitimately don't know the difference.

I might even go so far as to assume that anyone who spells it with a D and is talking to a graduate is doing it on purpose, so that lets people off the hook, for instance, right now.

But if you write "congradulations" to someone who just got married or got a job or did well on a test, you're clearly not making a joke and I hate you.

No comments:

Post a Comment