11.02.2011

Yeah, my email address is too long...

I have a story to tell you, but first let's get this out of the way:

Your email is not as long or stupid as you think it is. So stop getting embarrassed when I ask you for it. If you just don't want to give it out, that's one thing, and it's not a big deal. But don't feel the need to make a face and say, "Oh...it's really long..." because it's probably not. The people with email addresses that are actually too long/too stupid don't realize it.

So anyway, the story. I'm checking a woman out today and I ask, "Would you like your receipt emailed to you or on paper?"

"Oh, email is fine!"

"Alright, I'll just need your email address."

"Oh actually, it's really long, so don't worry about it."

"Oh, okay." So I go to print it out.

She says, "Yeah, I didn't really think about that 10 years ago when I signed up for it!"

Wow. Really? I said, "You should just get a new one!"

And she goes, "Oh YEAH, I guess I COULD do that!" As if she had never thought of it before!

Like, yeah! Did you not realize that was an option? I have, like, four email addresses. You can have as many as you want.

It's free.

It takes like three minutes.

And I guarantee you're young enough that you'll get on the email train eventually, so just go on and get one now that you're not going to want to change later!

But guess what! If you end up wanting to change it...you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails