I can't believe I've never blogged about this, because it's seriously one of the worst things about being on register.
Here is why checks are obnoxious:
- Waiting for you to fill them out
- Scanning/typing in your license number
- Typing in your phone number
- Running the check through the machine--TWICE!
- Getting you to sign the signature slip
- Stapling the check to the receipt
Here are valid reasons to use checks:
- Paying bills
- Paying rent
- Mailing them as gifts
I'm not mad. Thank you for apologizing.
But people who just unabashedly use checks in their everyday life? I hate you.