10.20.2011

Hold on, this isn't the right price

When you're checking out at Old Navy, you can watch your items ring up on the card reader screen. The price of each item shows up. It's very convenient.

If something rings up more expensive than you thought it was going to be, you should speak up and tell me. That way, I can go check the sign and either fix it or explain why you're wrong (which is usually the case).

Don't just sit there in silence until the receipt prints out, then bring it up and want to return your item. Returns are not fun! So doing a return when I didn't need to is even worse. It's so much easier to just delete an item off the list than to return an item.

Also like, what's the point in waiting? Did you not trust yourself when you doubted the price on the screen, but now that it's on the receipt you've suddenly gained the confidence to speak up?

The most annoying part about this is that I can tell when someone is having these doubts. There's a certain look on their face and a certain slowness in swiping their card that is completely unmistakable. But I don't say anything because I feel like anything I could say would be rude if I was wrong.

Anyway, to add to the rudeness here, people always seem to feel that it's okay to interrupt my transaction with my next customer to say, "Excuse me, I have a question about this," while holding the receipt toward me.

"I'll be right with you, ma'am."

But I won't hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment