8.23.2011

Speaking of Sam's Club...

You know what bothers me most about Sam's Club? And don't get me wrong, I love that place. I go there all the time.

What bothers me, though, is the person they have at the exit door checking people's receipts.

And here's the thing. I don't mind that they're there. If they were actually checking the receipt well or even doing a quick check of the number of items, I wouldn't mind at all.

It's a fine concept in theory, but in practice, they barely even look, and this is why I just don't see the point in their job.

Every once in a while, I've seen an employee that seems to hold onto the receipt a little while longer than most, and I really appreciate it when this happens.  Thank you for performing your only job duty correctly.

My big problem with this whole thing is the vast amount of payroll hours that are being wasted on this position.

And of course, I'm not saying everyone with that job should be let go; that would be horrible. But maybe find something more productive for them to do? Like, you know...anything?

Because they're not doing much of anything as things are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails