8.20.2011

The inconsistency of radio censorship

I'm not a fan of censorship in general, but I understand that different radio stations censor songs to different degrees to please their target audience.

I just want you to be consistent.

When songs on the radio feature lyrics like:
  • "And when we're done, I don't wanna feel my legs,"
  • "Come put a little love in my glove box,"
  • "I heard you had a baby, you want a new boy in you?"
  • "Cuz if you slip, I'm gonna fall on top of your girl," and
  •  "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but chains and whips excite me,"

why on EARTH is the word "sex" censored in "The Lazy Song?" The context is significantly less raunchy than all the other songs, but because "sex" is apparently a dirty word, you can sing all about it as long as you don't actually sing it.

Here's the song in all its non-censored glory.


1 comment:

  1. At least at work, we censored Teenage Dream. "Let's go --- the way tonight." :)

    ReplyDelete