Couples who sit on the same side of a booth together.
Thoughts on why:
- Do you not want to look at each other? I prefer to look at Matt when we're out to dinner.
- Isn't talking awkward? You have to talk out of the side of your mouth or always turn your head to the side!
- Are you doing this because you want to be touching them? Because generally, when I'm eating, I'm only trying to touch my eating utensils.
- Aren't your elbows bumping into each other? So many opportunities for awkwardness!
- And it's so awkwardly intimate! Like, when I see a couple on the same side of a booth, I feel the need to look away. I feel like I'm invading their privacy. But really, they're invading my privacy! We're out! In public! This is not my fault!