8.19.2011

Hold on, let me call my husband.

I had one of the most ridiculous customers ever yesterday.

I got to work at 10 a.m. and the woman was already there. She had five children with her, which is whatever if they're well-behaved, but they weren't. They weren't the worst kids I've come into contact with, though, so I'm not that mad about it. They were just whining and crying a lot.

One of my biggest pet peeves at work is when parents send their children up to the front of the store to check on a price. Well, this woman sent her very shy child up to ask me how much a frost-free vest was. I told him, he didn't understand and had to come back, I told him again. This is one of the reasons I hate for parents to do this. The other reason is that children can get kidnapped. Our store is pretty big. You shouldn't be sending really young ones up to the front of the store, where you can't see them at all, to check on something you should be able to figure out yourself.

Secondly, she was in the store for a good two hours and only spent $65. She only shopped for one of the five children. One. Of the five. Seriously? How did this take two hours? She only got like six items.

But here's the kicker. When I offered her the Old Navy card, she said, "Hmm, that sounds like a great deal...hold on."

She pulls out her phone and makes a call. "Hey honey, sorry to bother you."

Okay, first of all, you probably shouldn't have to apologize for bothering your husband. But also, you shouldn't be calling him at work for something unimportant.

"Hey, I'm at the store and the nice cashier is offering me an Old Navy credit card. I'll save 25% on my purchase. Should I get it?"

Okay. Let's take a quick break. I understand the concept of talking financial decisions over with your spouse. But to put the transaction on hold and call him to ASK PERMISSION? You look ridiculous and weak.

Then, she continues, "Okay honey, yeah that's fine, I won't get it. Haha, yeah. I love you honey. Haha, yeah. Yup. Mmhmm."

This continues for about another minute. Like, stop. You're checking out. What in the world?

So then she finally hangs up and says, "He said no. But he said to ask if I could save the 25% anyway."

I didn't even give her an answer, I just laughed.

Then, she realized that the denim was on sale for $10. "Oh my goodness, I need to come back tomorrow. We'll have a denim day so everyone can try them on."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails