7.01.2011

Whitney Koontz guest blogs: I don't even like BP!

This summer I'm working quite far from where I live, so gas is an issue for me right now.

The other day, I was seriously low on funds, but my low fuel light was on, so I had a bit of a dilemma. But luckily, I remembered I had received a BP gift card for my birthday.

Awesome, right? Not quite.

I get to the only BP anywhere near where I live and encounter a "See cashier" message on the pump. Geez.

I walk in to see said (rude) cashier and hand him the card.

He looks at the card and gives me an exasperated look.

"This won't work here."

"What?"

"We don't take these cards here."

YOU MEAN YOU ARE A BP THAT DOESN'T TAKE BP CARDS?

And I mean it when I say I was at a BP. It was a full-fledged BP. It wasn't a BP Lite or something stupid. It was a BP.

I try it on the keypad just in case and it doesn't go through.

"Yeah, see. Those cards don't work here. Do you have something else?"

"No. Thank you." For being ridiculous.

I should have realized that any gas company that ruins the Gulf of Mexico is more than capable of ruining my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails