7.29.2011

"Well he's out of town."

We don't let people use other people's credit cards at Old Navy. Sorry. That's credit card fraud.

A woman at the store yesterday was trying to use her husband's credit card and I wouldn't let her.

Her: "Seriously?"

Me: "Yeah, it has to have your name on it, I'm sorry about that."

Her: "I've been using this card for five years and nobody's ever said anything."

Me: "I'm sorry, we don't let people use cards that aren't theirs. It's for your protection."

Her: "Well that's crazy."

Me: "I'm sorry. Do you want me to hold this for you? Or do you have another way you can pay?"

Her: "No, and he's out of town so he can't come get it. You seriously can't let me buy it?"

Me: "I'm sorry, no."

Her: "Well I guess put it on hold then."

So I put it on hold for her, and then she came back, with her apparently out-of-town husband, an hour and a half later. Nice try, darling, but you were definitely lying. I said, "I thought he was out of town?"

"Oh...yeah...he came back."

Right.

3 comments:

  1. Don't be a hater...though as a journalism student, knowing that even after you graduate you'll still just be working at Old Navy, I guess it should be expected. Hey, can I donate to this blog? I'd like to charge $10 dollars to my husband's credit card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I had to re-read that comment multiple times because the atrocious grammar didn't allow me to understand the meaning. It sounded as if you were saying "as a journalism student" as if you, Anonymous, are the student.

    Secondly, do you not understand the point of this blog? It's called "I hate everyone." Clearly, the point is to be a hater.

    Also, what a stupid post on which to be a pretentious bitch. You can't charge $10 to your husband's credit card. Kristin just accurately illustrated that's called "credit card fraud" and is, um, illegal. Looks like the Old Navy employee knows a little something something about the law you don't!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails