5.14.2011

Those are on clearance, I mean on sale for $10.

A few days ago at Old Navy, a woman goes into the fitting room with a bunch of clothes from the little girl section and no clothes from womens. Usually when this happens, the person is trying to steal things.

This woman, however, doesn't have any bags with her and is wearing a tight dress, which means she has nowhere to hide things.

So we are all very curious as to how she is going to try to rip us off.

She comes up to the register with the whole bag full of girls clothes that she went into the fitting room with and I start ringing her up.

Everything is pretty normal for awhile, so I'm a little confused, but then I scan two pairs of bermudas. One of them comes up as $10 and one as $12.

"Oh, aren't those supposed to be $6.99?"

Ah, so that's it. You're trying to save $8 by putting clearance stickers onto things that aren't clearance.

"Neither of these are on clearance, it looks like someone must have messed with the tags. One's on sale for $10 and one's $12 though."

"Actually I think they're both supposed to be $10, I think that's what the sign said."

Oh, okay. So you're trying to say they're clearance, but you actually know their sale prices. Are you kidding me?

It turns out the one that rang up as $12 was signed incorrectly, so she was right about that, but come on. You can't try to pass something off as clearance and then make it clear that you know the actual price.

1 comment:

  1. Had that sorta happen to me when I worked at [nameless bankrupt bookstore chain]. Customer switched stickers on graphic novels to get a $30 book for about $8, but I noticed the name on the register wasn't the name on the book, so I peeled the sticker off to see the original tag underneath. He looked sheepish for a minute, but didn't argue with the new price. Some people...

    ReplyDelete