4.27.2011

Your machine sounds like it's dying.

Our card readers at Old Navy make a slightly annoying noise when people enter their PIN. Or type in anything, for that matter.

But it's really not that bad, and to be honest, I didn't notice it until a customer mentioned it to me.

And then another customer mentioned it to me.

And then customers started mentioning it literally every day.

And now it's one of those repetitive things that I can't stand.

Like do you really think it's that important to tell me that my machine sounds like it's dying? And really? Does it sound like it's dying? Because it's definitely an inanimate object. So. Yeah. It can't be dying. Maybe if you say, "Your machine sounds like a dying animal," that will make more sense.

And while we're on the topic of this obnoxious statement, it's not my machine.

If it was my machine, I would be insulted when you said that, rather than just annoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails