4.20.2011

Street lights: Get them.


You know what, Michigan? Maybe invest in some street lights on your interstates. Just a thought. It's nice to be able to see more than ten feet in front of you at night.

I especially love when I'm driving to Matt's in the dark, because the second I cross into Ohio, I realize why I've been straining to see the whole time. It's like, all of a sudden I'm in a state that cares about my well-being.

And as far as I can tell, it's not just that one stretch of road, it's all of them. I haven't traveled around Michigan that much, but I've gone in more than one direction from Lansing and haven't seen any street lights.

I get that it might be an extremely large cost, but other states seem to find ways to afford it. 

And I definitely think it's worth it, because driving distances at night in Michigan is a terrifying thing to attempt.

1 comment:

  1. lol....I'm sorry, but that is funny. i can always tell who is not a Michigander on the road because they have their brights on for the whole ride. I rarely use brights....just don't need them much.-----Nic

    ReplyDelete