4.07.2011

Receipt with you or in the bag?

So, at the end of a transaction at Old Navy, I ask the customer if they'd like the receipt with them or in the bag.

You'd be amazed at how many people don't understand that this is a two-part question and just answer "Yes."

.........WHICH ONE?

Sometimes it's a matter of answering too quickly. They've started answering before I asked the second part of the question, so they don't realize. But if I was just asking "Do you want the receipt with you?" the other option would be not getting a receipt at all, and that's never okay, especially with our return policy.

But sometimes I DO get the whole sentence out and they STILL don't get it.

Why are you not LISTENING? I don't know.

The other day, though, I had this woman who seriously takes the cake.

Side note: When I ask, "Debit or credit?" sometimes people say they don't care. This is great because then I get to choose what's easiest for me, which is debit.

But other options, like, "Receipt with you or in the bag?" are things you should really choose on your own.

This woman the other day seriously was like, "I don't care."

What? Don't say that! That is so awkward for me, and now I don't know what to do!

Like, really, it's your choice. Please pick one.

No comments:

Post a Comment