3.13.2011

So at the Lady Gaga concert last night...

I was sitting next to the most boring couple. It was ridiculous.

Let me preface this story by saying: I was sitting alone, so I was really hoping the people next to me would be friendly and excited and dancing. Unfortunately, they were none of the three.

When they got there, I could immediately tell they weren't into it because they were both dressed in jeans and a t-shirt. Even the girl. Like...really? It's Lady Gaga.

I smiled when they sat down and they quickly looked away (cool, thanks).

They weren't even talking to each other, let alone talking to anyone around them, so chatting was out of the question.

They at least stood up for the concert, I'll give them that. But the only movement that came from them at all was the guy checking ESPN on his phone.

Like...why are you here?

It's not like it's just some show they stumbled upon at a bar that was charging like five dollars. It's LADY GAGA. Tickets were like a hundred dollars each!

What on Earth made them want to pay that much to sit there and not even look like they were enjoying themselves?

Even if someone gave you the tickets, just sell them if you're not interested.

The weirdest part for me was I could kind of understand if a girl really really wanted to go and so convinced her boyfriend to go with her. But this couldn't have been the case because she wasn't excited either.

I don't know, I didn't understand it. All I know is I kept wishing MY boyfriend was there instead because he at least would have had a good time.

1 comment:

  1. This experience is pretty much exactly what I'm dreading happening when I go see T. Swift in May. I only bought a ticket for myself and I really really hope whoever I'm surrounded by doesn't suck. I am so with you on this though. Nothing makes me more irate at a concert than people standing around looking miserable. Especially since that concert was probably sold out and you had decent seats. Two other people who would've loved to have been there could've had those seats.

    ReplyDelete