3.14.2011

Facebook's "poke" function

So, Facebook has a thing (and has always had a thing, I'm not acting like it's new or something) where you can "poke" people.

You don't have to be friends with a person to poke them, which is awkward.

There are apparently people who actually use the poke function, which I find strange.

I know people who get in poke wars with their friends, which is not so bad, in my opinion. I mean, if you find that fun, I'm not going to judge you for it.

But I was recently poked on Facebook by someone I don't know at all. We're not friends, not even on Facebook, and we have two mutual friends who I know from different places.

I have no idea how he found me, but that doesn't really matter.

I just want to know what a person thinks is going to come from this.

"Ooh, here's this girl that I'm interested in for whatever reason. I'll poke her and she'll be so curious that she'll be compelled to contact me back in some way."

Um, no. I will not be responding by "poking you back" or whatever. Also, the fact that the first way you ever contacted me is through a Facebook poke makes me immediately wary of any advances you may make.

It would be less creepy to just add me. I mean, I wouldn't have accepted his friend request, but I would have been less creeped out than I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment