Because everyone in my life seems to be such a huge sports fan, though, I tend to end up at games, or watching games on TV, or in the middle of a conversation about sports, or watching Sportscenter, way more often than I'd like.
My friend Erica and I took a science class together last semester. In this class, we learned about something called a feedback loop. Here's an example of a feedback loop:
- In periods of global warmth, more methane is released into the atmosphere.
- The methane contributes to temperature increase.
- Increased temperatures mean more methane is released.
- Which increases temperatures.
- I hate sports.
- I have to go to sporting events anyway because everyone loves them.
- This makes me hate sports more than I did.
- People try to convince me to like sports, thus exposing me to even more of them.
And I hate everyone.