2.18.2011

"My boyfriend is so much better than yours."

I hate it when people post "My boyfriend is better than yours" as their status. And unfortunately, it happens ALL THE TIME.

Usually when this happens, it's because of a good/nice/sweet thing the girl's boyfriend just did.

I noticed this a lot on Valentine's Day. A guy would get his girlfriend flowers and chocolate and the girlfriend would post "My boyfriend is so much better than yours" as her status.

I just don't understand why that's the automatic reaction to have.

First of all, that's not even that cool of a gift. It's actually the cliché gift every guy gets his girlfriend on Valentine's Day, so while it's still sweet, yes, it's not extravagant or extraordinary at all.

Second, I just have a major problem with that phrase in general. How could you possibly ever know that your boyfriend is better than every other boyfriend? You don't know anything about my relationship. And the fact that your boyfriend got you flowers means nothing to me because I think flowers are a waste and I'm not jealous of you at all. (This works with other examples too, like promise rings, expensive dinners, etc.)

Third, I especially hate when people in unstable and/or unpleasant relationships say this. No, actually, the fact that your boyfriend did something nice for you today doesn't cancel out all the times he treats you like crap.

3 comments:

  1. ... my boyfriend is better than yours.

    lol - I just had to do it!

    This made me laugh so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. Awesome, and I completely agree. Bitches be crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, however I don't think gifts to your bf or gf are a waste no matter how un-extraordinary they are. a cliche gift could still come from the heart.....what if your partner just isn't creative and wanted to do something they thought you would like? would it still be a waste? just saying. ---Nic

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails