1.04.2011

People who comment on my eyeshadow

Sometimes I wear several colors of eyeshadow at once.

It makes me happy when people compliment me on it (duh), but sometimes people are weird about it. Here are some of the weirdest reactions I've gotten to my eyeshadow:
  1. "How do you do that?"  Okay, I understand this question because maybe the person genuinely wants to try it herself, but how do you expect me to answer it? Especially if you're asking me at work, I don't know how you want me to respond. Like, do you want me to stop ringing you up and show you how to do it? This is SUCH an awkward question.
  2. "That's interesting."  Uh, thanks? This is an insult and it's not even disguised as a compliment. And again, just like with number one, I don't know how to answer!
  3. "That's very trendy. Did you start that?" I've only gotten this once, but I thought it was worth mentioning because it's so dumb. So first, the guy says, "That's very trendy." And I was like, "Yeah, it's kind of popular right now." And then he says, "Did you start that trend?" Um.....yeah. I did.
I don't care if you don't like it, just don't ask me awkward questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment