9.22.2010

No, I don't want you to e-mail me coupons.

So, at Old Navy, before each transaction, a screen pops up where you're supposed to ask customers for their e-mail address and zip code. Usually we just skip past it and check the customers out, but this summer we did an e-mail drive to try and get as many as possible. You automatically get a $10 off a $50 purchase coupon just for signing up.

And we're still doing it, just not quite as heavily.

So basically, when a customer walks up, I say "Hi, how are you doing?" like normal, and then the next question is "Can I get your e-mail address?"

You'd be amazed at how many people say no!

And it's not a big deal, I don't mind, but some people are so rude about it.

This one guy was like "NO!"

And his girlfriend was like "Woah, that was rude..."

And he was like, "You have no idea. I get so annoyed with people saying no to me all day when I'm asking people that same question at work. It's so nice to be able to be the rude one!"

Like seriously? If this happens to you everyday, you should be better about it, not worse.

Rude alert.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails