7.25.2010

Worst song-inspired Facebook statuses

4.) "Bulletproof" by La Roux

Status: "This time baby, I'll be bulletproof."
Why it's horrible to have this as your status: This quote is just not as exciting when it's not being sung.

3.) "Ridin Solo" by Jason Derulo
Status: "I'm ridin solo."
Why it's horrible: Everyone makes this their status when they break up. Why have so many people on my friends list broken up within the past four weeks (or however long the song's been out)? Maybe once it's out of the Top 40, people can start being more creative with their declarations of independence.

2.) "Airplanes" by B.O.B. featuring Hayley Williams
Statuses: "Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars? I could really use a wish right now..." or just "could really use a wish right now."
Why they're horrible: The first one is A) long and B) generic. The second one is a little better because it's at least phrased like a status should be, but still. Who couldn't use a wish at any point? And if you actually need something physical to allow you to make a wish, rip out an eyelash.

1.) "Love the Way You Lie" by Eminem featuring Rihanna
Status:Just gonna stand there and watch me burn, but that's alright because I like the way it hurts. Just gonna stand there and hear me cry, but that's alright because I love the way you lie.
Why it's horrible: Wow, that is so long. Some people post only the first part or only the second part, but most that I've seen are the whole thing. The most important reason it's horrible is that it's advocating (at the very least) unstable relationships and (at the worst) abusive relationships. This is not something to celebrate, people!

2 comments:

  1. This is my favorite... What about that space underneath the profile picture? Those are fun to look at too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Riding Solo" is a double entendre.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails