7.01.2010

Old Navy+ Operation Care and Comfort

Hokay.

At Old Navy right now, for July 4th, we are partnering with Operation Care and Comfort. Customers can donate basics like flip flops, tee shirts, boxers and socks to troops overseas. As a nice little incentive, if you donate, you get 10% off your purchase.


Okay, so first of all, it's just a good cause to begin with, so why not do it? But secondly, a lot of the time people would end up saving money. Like, if you spend $35, you break even donating a pair of flip flops, because they cost $3.50. So if you're spending like $70 and you donate a pair of flip flops, you actually end up saving almost four dollars. So it's counter-intuitive to not donate.

You would not believe how many people didn't do it! Like, I asked everyone if they'd like to donate, but I understand if you don't want to. What I don't understand is not donating if it's going to save you money. I would explain it to people and they would just be like "No." And I would say, "Are you sure? It's right here and your total would be like $67 instead of $70." And they would be like, "Yeah, I get it, no thanks."

Like, what?

This makes absolutely no sense to me.

You don't have to agree with the war to want to help a soldier. I really don't see how you could be morally opposed to making someone's day.

1 comment:

  1. That drives me nuts. I don't always donate to causes when they arise, but I don't understand not doing so when it's such an obvious choice, like you pointed out. I mean, why would anyone not want to help someone else, especially when it meant helping themselves, too?

    Also, every time I get a difficult customer at work, I think of you and your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete