5.18.2010

Primaries

It's primary day, and there are lots of people I want to vote for! But I'm not allowed to.

I'm registered independent (mainly for journalistic reasons) and Kentucky is one of just 18 states where independents are not allowed to vote in primaries.

This stinks because anyone who's not a part of a specific political party gets the shaft, so votes really aren't all that accurate.

I feel that I am pretty darn educated about the primaries because I looked at every single race (yes, even the measly little judge and constable races) to help my mom decide who to vote for in her democratic primary. And it stinks to know that many people go in without even thinking about it beforehand, especially in a race like this, and vote for whoever they remember seeing a commercial for.

I just think Kentucky needs to get with it and allow independents to vote in ALL elections.

http://www.independentvoting.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails